It’s time for father Chris to sit the kids down and have a talk. It’s time to decide. Do you want to leave as a couple and try to make this work in the world? Or do you leave as a single? There is the option if you are staying a couple to stay in paradise and go on one more date with the option of a fantasy suite. Talk amongst yourselves, the SUVS are waiting, y’all.
The guys and girls break up to do the obligatory chats. Guys decide there are going to be tough conversations. Girls come to the same conclusion.
- Jack Stone tells the camera that he could see himself marrying Christen and falling in love. She could be the one. He steals Christen to chat. He asks if they can leave as a couple. She freaks out a bit and says she can’t leave as a couple with him because they are mostly just acquaintances. Ouch, not even friends. He starts over. Let’s leave as friends holding hands. She says friends don’t hold hands. Jack walks silently to the suv and says NOTHING. Christen wanders into the sea.
- What about all those times y’all made out? Do friends do that Christen? – AMY
- Lacey and Daniel chat. She says she wants to go on the date with him. He says he’s not done with her just yet. They wander off kissing.
- Jasmine and Jonathan chat. Jonathan says she’s cool and fun, but lets part ways here. She agrees.
- Adam and Raven talk. Adam wants to keep this going. He thinks they have some potential. Raven is a bit worried about getting her hopes up, but she agrees to stay and see what happens.
- Dean and D-Lo talk. Dean says that D-Lo is really great and special and fun, but he realized after the rose ceremony that he still has feelings for Kristina and he loves her and he owes it to her to leave separately so he can talk to Kristina. He apologizes for being an idiot, which seems fitting. He cries to the camera that everything he had with Kristina was so pure and real and he ruined it. D-Lo is bummed. She liked him. They leave separately.
- Diggy steals Domonique to chat. Diggy says after thinking about it he think the best situation for them is to leave separately.
- Jaimi walks up to Diggy and he says that he really enjoyed getting to know her and wants to leave as a couple. She says she had a good date, but they should leave as friends. Diggy is bummed.
- Robby and Amanda talk. Robby says that he is fine with being patient and going slow for Amanda. He wants to find what his parents have. He sits her down to talk and she instantly starts crying and says she feels bad, but she doesn’t see this working in the real world. She tells him he did nothing wrong, but isn’t willing to try. He leaves feeling appropriately confused.
The final three couples who are left staying to try to make it work are Raven & Adam, Lacey & Daniel, and Derek & Taylor. Chris tells them to do some soul searching and enjoy their dates. He dramatically mentions the fantasy suite card, like they haven’t all been spending the nights together in the bungalows.
- Jack isn’t walking with his normal swagger; that’s more like a killer jack walk.
- There’s plenty of scallops in the sea. Jack wasn’t her scallop.
- You ready for Fourth of July in my pants?
- So are we talking changing Facebook status?
Lacey and Daniel go into the hotel and their fancy suite to chat. They talk about how they both want to leave in a relationship. I kind of thought this was a pretend relationship, but it’s actually really cute. Daniel puts the DO NOT DISTURB card on the door and closes it with a big smile on his face.
Derek and Taylor chat. Daniel says he’s falling for her and she isn’t quite ready to reciprocate those feelings. She says sex is a really big part of this process for her. He says he is excited to get to know her in that way. So apparently they actually have waited for the fantasy suite. And with that, Derek closes the door.
Adam tells Raven how humbled by this experience he is. He says he can see himself falling for her and she gets a big smile and giggles. She tells the camera she is hesitant to fall for him because she has been burned before. She doesn’t want to ruin anything by spending the night with him too soon, but she also doesn’t want to ruin anything by not spending the night either. The camera pulls away before she answers his question of the suite.
Studio Live Finale
What happened with the three couples? Are they still together? Will there be any proposals tonight?
The whole cast is here. Chris introduces everyone and the person who gets the most cheers is Kristina, because America knows something good when they see it!
Corinne comes out first. She says she hasn’t seen him since everything, but she would love to. They bring out DeMario. They chat. Where are they going from this? Therapy. They both say that therapy has helped a bunch. They are all good, y’all. Calm yourselves.
Chris asks Jasmine about her dislike of Christen. It’s just random bla bla yelling. Apparently she was mean on social media. I don’t know.
He asks Kristina how she is feeling. She can relate to how Jasmine felt when Christen took Matt on a date. She felt like D-Lo wasn’t very respectful. D-Lo says she thinks a lot was being miscommunicated. Dean interrupts them both to say they have no reason fighting with each other because it all falls on him. Oooh, is mature Dean here today? Too soon to tell.
Chris points out that Dean looks like the most uncomfortable person in the world right now. The solution is obviously the hot seat. Come on up.
We watch it all back. Dean says he’s sorry to both of them. Kristina says she cares for him still, but enough is enough. D-Lo speaks up to say that she watched him crying and saying he loved Kristina but an hour after paradise he called her and they were hanging out after. Oh shoot, Dean. Dean says this is true, he continued stringing them both along after paradise too. It’s very awkward in the studio. Finally it ends with a good luck to you bud from Chris. So… there’s that.
Amanda comes out to say that the weekend after paradise she and Robby hung out and he asked her to be his girlfriend. She said yes to give it a try. Chris says so you’re dating then now? She confirms oh no, not now. She says she gave him about 20 chances and she felt like he only hung out with her when it was convenient for him. He comes out to address rumors of him being unfaithful to her. The twins says there was a picture of him with another girl in Colorado. He says he was close to another girl, but not being unfaithful. Amanda says it looks like they were making out. She says you say you weren’t so I believe you, but it looked like it. Either way, they know they want different things now so that is over.
Time to talk to Lacey. Things were bad at first, but then Daniel showed up. Turns out they met a year ago at Vinny’s birthday party and hooked up, but stayed good friends. So she was excited to give it a real try in paradise. Weird that neither of them mentioned this during paradise. Hmmm. She says during the fantasy suite it came to light that he was lying about his feelings for her. She asked him and he told the truth that he was lying about what he said before on camera about falling for her. Daniel comes out and when asked said they had a nice relaxing evening in the fantasy suite. Chris asked what they talked about. Oh, that. Ya. It was all confusing. Then he told the producer that Lacey likes him a lot, but he would never really turn his Facebook status to in a relationship with Lacey.
Oh no. Daniel brings up that he told her to come to Vancouver. She says you’re telling half the story. Apparently he went to New York to visit her for 6 days and spent one hour total with her alone. It was very important to spend time with Vinny. She said if he felt the way about her that he feels about Vinny this wouldn’t be a problem.
Lacey & Daniel Status: NOT TOGETHER (Lacey even quotes and we are never ever ever getting back together.)
Let’s check in on Adam and Raven. We see their morning after fantasy suite. Raven says Adam woke up way too happy. He is a morning person and she is not! That’s a problem they’re gonna have she says. She tells him she can’t imagine ever fighting with him because he’s too sweet. Awww
They say they’ve stayed together since the show and have traveled a bunch together and are in love.
Chris: What’s next?
Raven: I’m meeting his family this weekend.
Chris: Has he meet yours yet?
Raven: No, but it will happen soon.
Raven: Now. Mom and dad?
So they bring out the parents. Oh, ABC, so clever.
Raven & Adam status: Still together and saying the L-word
Time to see how Derek and Taylor are.
I saw a commercial showing an engagement ring… so me thinks Derek might be proposing to Taylor. – Amy
Looks like they are happy and in love. Awww. Yay. We see the after the fantasy suite and they seem all happy. Shocker.
Taylor tells the camera “I got to like, really take all of Derek in last night.”
We talk about after they left. He went to Seattle for three weeks. They are still together, but he lives in Iowa. He says lots of cute and nice things and gets down on one knee and proposes. She cries a whole big bunch and says yes. Rose petals fall from heaven (or the rafters) and all is right in paradise world.
ME: BUT WHAT ABOUT WELLS AND DANIELLE?? IS THAT HAPPENING??
Ok, so that ends another season of paradise. I could not possibly be MORE excited for Arie as bachelor next season. I was rooting for him seasons ago when Emily didn’t pick him. He is sarcastic, funny, charming, and if you follow I Hate Green Beans, you know that he has a passionate side. Lincee has been using one clip of him kissing Emily for years every time someone gets close to the Arie kiss, but no one is ever that good. Have you seen it? Ok, fine, I’ll show you.
I can’t wait to watch Arie find love. I’m sure I’ll recap it for you.
Oh, and Dancing with the Stars starts soon too, so that is exciting and fun to follow along with too.
Hope y’all are having a great week!