I typed twelfth and my eyes instantly saw “elf”. We’re getting closer to Elf season people!
Happy Tuesday to you all. I hope you’ve had a pleasant day so far. I know I’m posting this a little later than usual but I had to go to town and then my body rejected all the food I ate. So that all took some time.
Anyways… what do I have to show you today?
Dear Tums, I Fixed Your Serving Size
Political Bla Bla Bla
No, I’m not here to discuss politics really or the debates of the year. I do just want to mention one little thing… why can’t they just turn their microphones off after their time is up? They do that in the Academy Awards… just a thought. I saw this cartoon and I felt like it really applied to the tricks of the candidates and how we’re supposed to view everything. It’s all a big illusion.
Do you know who America is in this illustration? We’re the people eating a boot for dinner.
This Day in History
- in 1881 Pablo Picasso was born. I’ve heard of that guy!
- in 1954 President Eisenhower conducted the first televised Cabinet meeting.
- in 1960 Martin Luther King Jr. was sentenced to four months in jail for a sit-in.
- in 1999 golfer Payne Stewart was killed in a plane crash.
- in 1955 the microwave oven for home use was introduced by the Tappan Company.
- in 1962 author John Steinbeck was awarded the Nobel Prize in literature.
Crosby is Back in Action
Mr. Sidney Crosby is back from his concussion and has already scored a goal in their game tonight against the Florida Panthers. The Penguins are currently down so I hope they can turn this around quickly!
A Kitchen Lamp
Tom and I put together a little lamp for the kitchen. I think it’s adorable.
- If you’re following me on Facebook you might have seen that I made a Facebook page for my creations and crafts that I am selling. It’s called Sparkles & Rust by Amy if you’re interested in checking out my creations and vintage items I am selling. I’m always grabbing up more from various auctions and thrift hunts!
Ok, that’s it for today’s Tuesday Things! Keep smiling friends!